Choc Chip Protein Cookies
Everyone loves a great cookie, and we can make it more nutrient dense by adding cricket powder. Try making your favourite cookie recipe and replace about 1/3 of the regular flour with cricket powder. You’ll get the same cookie that you love, but it will be higher in protein, amino acids and B12 Vitamins. If you’re stuck here’s my delicious Cricket Powder Choc Chip Cookie Recipe.
These cookies are so yummy (even if I do say so myself), but also so satisfying. Because they are high in protein you won’t find yourself eating the whole batch at once.
- 110g softened butter
- 105g brown sugar
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 10g vanilla extract
- 191g plain flour
- 80g milk choc chips
- 80g dark choc chips
- 40g VitaBug Cricket Protein powder
- Pre heat your oven to 180degrees C
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with baking paper.
- Beat your butter and sugars for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and fluffy. You can use your muscles, kitchen aid or thermomix
- To this, beat in the egg and vanilla until combined
- Now you can add your flour and cricket powder and mix this on a low speed until well combined and the dough starts to form a ball.
- Mix in your chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out balls of the dough and roll them between your hands to make them an even shape.
- Place the balls onto your lined baking tray, making sure to leave a 3cm gap between the balls (this will allow the cookies to spread evenly).
- Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes until golden brown
Makes approx 12 large cookies (or 24 kid sized ones!).